Admission to our medical home health care services can only be made under the direction of a physician - based on your health care needs and homebound status.
How to get services from Care At Home Preferred:
- Patients with Medicare as their primary insurance are required to see their physician for a “face-to-face encounter” in order to have home care services covered.
- Patients must see their physician 90 days prior to or within 30 days of receiving home health services.
- Care At Home Preferred will work closely with you and your physician to ensure that a “face-to-face encounter” is completed.
- For more information regarding Medicare requirements and the “face-to-face encounter” call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or log on to www.cms.gov
We accept all major insurance companies including Medicare, all Highmark products, United Healthcare, Tricare and VA Fee For Service In-Home Program. We also accept private pay and many long term care policies. Please call us at 412-967-1111 with any questions about your coverage.
- If admitted to the hospital, let your nurse or discharge coordinator know that you would like to have Care At Home Preferred provide your in home care.
- If you are at home and not feeling well, call Care At Home Preferred at 412-967-1111 and we will be happy to contact your physician to see what services we can provide for you.